Warranty Watsons Port Macquarie
Terms and Conditions
Jayco provides the original purchaser of every Jayco RV a 12 month warranty that the product’s workmanship and materials will be free from defects.
The warranty period commences on the date of purchase.
Warranty repairs and replacements will be undertaken by Jayco or an authorised repairer. Warranty repairs and replacements will be free of charge unless an on-site repair is requested in which case a service call fee will apply.
Unless the owner has prior written consent from Jayco, under the Warranty Jayco will not reimburse the owner under the Warranty for repairs undertaken by an unauthorised repairer.
The Warranty will not apply in certain circumstances, including where the RV has been:
• used for a purpose other than which it was designed;
• used for commercial purposes;
• in an accident; or
• towed by a vehicle other than a standard passenger vehicle.
The Warranty will also not extend to specific types of damage including:
• wear and tear when the RV has been used for permanent living purposes;
• tears, punctures, and fading to fabric items; or
• damage caused by alterations or repairs being undertaken by an unauthorised repairer.
Jayco’s Outback range of RVs have been designed and constructed to give added strength and ground clearance, for limited unsealed road usage. Gas venting regulations and other construction restraints limit the effectiveness of these RVs against dust and water penetration. Under no circumstances should these RVs be exposed to water crossings at, or above, body floor level.
We strongly recommend towing at safe speed according to travel conditions with extra care and attention required on uneven surfaces. Our Outback RVs are not designed for hard impact or heavy landings or severely rutted roads or tracks.
Jayco’s Outback RVs are not designed for use on four wheel drive only tracks.
The following items for Outback RVs are not covered under Jayco’s warranty:
- Impact or stone damage to body, chassis or running gear.
- Soiling of fabrics and internal fitments from dust and other airborne substances.
- Water damage due to water crossings.
- Movement or damage caused by dislodgment of appliances and fittings resulting from hard impact or heavy landings or severely rutted roads or tracks.
- General damage arising from misuse.
The Warranty does not extend to maintenance items which are the responsibility of the purchaser.
Jayco’s RVs include equipment and fittings, such as cooking appliances, tyres and toilets, which are separately warranted by their manufacturer and not covered by Jayco’s Warranty. If necessary, Jayco will help an owner make a warranty claim to these individual component manufacturers.
The purchaser of a Jayco RV will be provided with a Customer Care Card. You are required to present this card when making a warranty claim.
For full terms and conditions of Jayco’s warranty program, please refer to your owner’s handbook provided with your RV. The owner’s handbook sets out further information on what you must do should a warranty fault occur, and what will and will not be covered.